Browse the Garden

Thursday, May 15, 2014

On Endings and New Beginnings



As the time for me to leave draws near, I'm already wishing many other people well on their new chapters. 
Before you say goodbye, there's this moment where you run through all the happy memories in your head, and even if you're not saying goodbye for good, it's a melancholy moment. I've met so many people this year. I've reconnected with old friends, made new friends and I've learned so many valuable lessons. Several of my friends are beginning their own adventures all over the world, and some of my friends have already reached stepping stones in their life that I can't even begin to comprehend. 
The beautiful thing about life is that despite differences, distance and perspective, people are ever changing and the world is always changing around them. At work, I'm leaving alongside many other travelers and adventurers. Several of my friends are leaving as well, off to new exciting adventures all over the world.  It's times like these when Kingdom Hearts goes through my head. It's a quote from Kairi that says it all. "There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky. One sky, one destiny." 
It's funny how much you think of people when you're away from them. I'm so blessed to have all these people around me, and I know that their lives are wonderful stories filled with ups and downs. I only hope that my story continues to be connected to theirs', and as all these new chapters begin, we will never forget each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment