Browse the Garden

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fruits Basket 20 day challenge day 18: How many times have you watchedthe anime?




To be honest, I've lost count. I watched the anime at least twice a year during High school and College. And yes, I watch the dubbed version, because I was introduced to the show that way. I have seen the anime in japanese with English subtitles, but the English dub is my favorite way to watch it. I love Kyo and Tohru's voice actors, and I thought the voice actors for the Sohma family were great as well. The only thing that bugged me was Yuki's voice, I always had to turn the volume up to even hear what he said, and hwne he's talking to Kyo, who is very loud, the combination is annoyingly entertaining. The anime is very different from the manga, it never introduces the entire zodiac, and it ends very strangely, but I love the balance of comedy and wisdom in each episode. 
One episode that stood out to me, was "It's because I've Been Loved That I've Become Stronger" where Kisa is introduced. "The Source of Cheer Can Be Affected By Colds Too" is still my favorite, but I love Hatori's story in "Don't Cry For The Snow Will Surely Melt" and I love the awkward/fun vacation in "If We've Three Then We Don't Need To Fear Jason". I love all the Kyo and Tohru moments naturally, but Momiji's story in "There Are No Memories, It's Okay To Forget." The only thing I didn't like about the anime was how long it took for Tohru to accept Kyo's true form. This never happened in the manga, because she literally ran right to him, and it distorts the story and Tohru's character. Despite that, it's obvious that I've watched the anime countless times, and I still enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment