Browse the Garden

Monday, February 27, 2012

Top Ten favorite quotes:

"Keep Moving Forward" - Meet The Robinsons
This is literally my work ethic right now. It is also a great mantra and coping mechanism. 
"All dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney
I was introduced to this quote through a friend. It has stuck with me ever since. I hope to follow the Disney dream. 
"If you ever wondered where your dreams come from, you look around. This is where they're made" - Hugo
This movie was fantastic, but this quote was the best line. Movies and stories come from dreams, and the silver screen makes them reality.


 "No one decides my fate but me." Belle - Once Upon A Time
An empowering quote that not only defines Belle, but it is also a great truth in many situations in life. You can ask someone for advice, but the one in control of your fate is you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
I first heard this quote from The Princess Diaries, but now I try to apply this mindset in my everyday life. An important thing to remember. 


"Everything, in the end comes down to timing. One second, one minute, one hour could make all the difference .” - Sarah Dessen - This Lullaby
My favorite book of Dessen's. There is some truth to this quote. Some events in our lives, whether it is a career choice or personal decision, can be determined by our timing.


"Just as no matter how hard you try to keep it away despair will attack you again and again. In the same manner hope will return to you. And again, and again it will surely bloom" Kazuma Sohma - Fruits Basket
This quote has been my favorite Fruits Basket quote for years. In context, Kyo tells his teacher that his life isn't worth it, so why protect a tiny flower. He has made the choice to completely give up on his struggle to  be accepted. Kazuma waits for a bit and then tells him this quote to explain that things won't always be hopeless, and once Kyo has accepted himself, he can find the truth about his struggle and overcome it.


 "A flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all," - Mulan
This is a great quote from the Disney movie, but it also speaks about the ability to continue growing regardless of the adversity in life.


 "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear," - Ambroce Redmoon -  The Princess Diaries
A lesson I still need to learn. To be brave doesn't mean you are not afraid. It means you will face that fear, even if you are terrified. 


 "I will defeat sorrow, in his place. I will stand my ground and be strong. I don't know when it will be, but someday... I will conquer it. And I will do it without... false hope." - Yuna FFX
Final Fantasy X is my favorite game, and this powerful quote is spoken by Yuna at a crucial moment. She has just discovered that the people of Spira based their hopes on a lie, and she won't accept it. She is determined to fight her sorrow and find a real solution that people can believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment