Browse the Garden

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Becoming (like) a diamond

I came up with this quote from a writing prompt, but now I find it to be true more than ever. It's important to believe in yourself, understand that you can be strong and you have every right to stand up for yourself.
I used to allow everyone to walk all over me, and I told myself that I didn't have the right to be brave, stick up for myself and just be myself.
It's one of those moments in life where you know that in order to get by, you have to create your own armor. And that armor can't be too weak or too strong. It has to fit you: your personality and your thoughts and dreams. It's an important lesson to learn that you deserve respect and that you have to be strong to deal with many obstacles in life, but you need to shine at the same time. Enjoy yourself! Become a part of something that you could only dream of and show the world what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment