Browse the Garden

Monday, June 13, 2011

sneak peak at my script for a fake episode of Merlin :)



Because it was requested, here's a small preview of my fake Merlin script:

Merlin Episode 40: The Sword in the Stone
1. INT. MORGANA’S CAVE
It is dark and MORGANA stands in front of a scrying bowl holding a sword. KAY approaches from the shadows, wearing a green pendant that glows around his neck.
MORGANA
You know what you must do.
KAY
Yes my lady. I must challenge the crown prince. I must reclaim my father, Uther Pendragon.
MORGANA
And?
MORGANA gives KAY the sword.
KAY
I must fight Arthur Pendragon with this sword and kill him.
Titles
Cut to
2. INT. VILLAGE
MERLIN walks around in the village and sees a young man fighting with LEON.
MERLIN
What’s the problem?
LEON
This man demands an audience with the king. But he refuses to state his business.
Cut to
3. INT. THE THRONE ROOM
UTHER sits pensively on the throne while two KNIGHTS enter the room.
KNIGHT
Sire. Someone has requested an audience with you.
UTHER
What business does he claim to have with me?
KNIGHT 2
He claims to be your son my lord.
UTHER
Send him in.
KAY enters, with an amulet in his hands.
UTHER
Who are you?
KAY
I was afraid you wouldn’t remember.
KAY hands the necklace to UTHER.
KAY
This is a gift. Once you wear it, you’ll remember me.
UTHER looks at the necklace with worry, but before he can hand it back, Kay puts it around his neck. The gem glows a bright green and UTHER turns to KAY.
UTHER
Welcome back. My son.

Cut to
4. INT. CASTLE GROUNDS
ARTHUR practices sword fighting with the KNIGHTS.
MERLIN
Arthur. We have a problem
ARTHUR
Really Merlin, whatever this “problem” is, I’m sure you can handle it.
MERLIN
I don’t think I can do anything about this.
ARTHUR
Does it involve my unpolished armor?
MERLIN
Not exactly.
ARTHUR
Have the horses been released again?
MERLIN
That was not my fault.
ARTHUR
What is it then?
A KNIGHT walks towards them.
KNIGHT
Sire. Your father has demanded your presence.
ARTHUR gives MERLIN a look and walks toward the castle.
Cut to
5. INT. THRONE ROOM
ARTHUR enters the throne room. UTHER sits with KAY standing by his throne. A green gem hangs around his neck, and a similar gem hangs around KAY’s neck.
ARTHUR walks in, with MERLIN following him.
ARTHUR
You wanted to see me?
UTHER
Leave us.
MERLIN, KAY and the GUARDS leave the throne room.
UTHER
Arthur, I have finally found your brother.
ARTHUR
What?
The gem around UTHER’s neck glows.
UTHER
Your mother and I had a son before you, but he was lost to us.
ARTHUR
I don’t understand.
UTHER
Igraine and I searched for days. We thought he was taken by a sorcerer.
ARTHUR
Father, this must be a joke.
UTHER
This is no joking matter! I’m telling you this because you and Kay are of the same blood.
ARTHUR
You expect me to believe that stranger is my brother?
UTHER
You will not call him a stranger! You will call your brother by his name.
ARTHUR
How can I believe this?
UTHER
I can see you need time. I will give you some.
ARTHUR
I don’t need time! I need proof!
UTHER
You don’t trust your king?
ARTHUR
I don’t trust my father. What other secrets have you kept from me?
UTHER
If you won’t accept this, Arthur you give me no choice. Until you see Kay as your brother, we won’t speak of this again.
ARTHUR storms out, while UTHER shakes his head. KAY walks in.
KAY
I don’t understand.
UTHER
Your brother has always been difficult.
KAY
Perhaps he needs a challenge in order to convince him.
UTHER
A challenge?
KAY
Sire, if I may, I would like to duel Arthur in a tournament. My skills may be no match to his, but he may accept me if I prove to be worthy as his brother.
The gem around UTHER’s neck glows again as UTHER becomes convinced.
UTHER
Arthur has always enjoyed a good challenge.
KAY
Would a tournament be suitable?
UTHER
Such an event would be a way to celebrate your return.
KAY
Yes sire.
UTHER
Then it is decided. You will fight Arthur in the tournament. Guard!
The guard enters.
UTHER
Begin the preparations for a tournament immediately.
The GUARD nods and leaves.
KAY
What about Arthur?
UTHER
I will tell him when he is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment