Browse the Garden

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Something Blue 14


A blue poem

How dare you
Rip a hole in my life
And leave me to fill it
How could I
Have you let you so close
And then feel the burn
From running away
Now I'm stuck
Wondering how to deal
Wondering what is real
And all the while
Wondering if you're okay
Trapped in this pattern
I'm feeling so blue
And so tired
I'm so confused
The only way I can deal
Is to blame this on you
Why can't I be strong?
And learn from the things
I've done wrong?
What's wrong with wasting time
When you are afraid to climb
That big mountain
That giant fear
That quiet dread
Of being alone here
What is strength?
When you can't even stand
What is love?
When it's all a demand
I have to do something
To lift this sadness
I can't continue
With this madness
They say broken hearts
Can heal with time
So if that is true
Why can't mine?
Is something unresolved in me?
To be the way I used to be
I'm tired of being blue
I can't help myself
I have to blame you

1 comment:

  1. I really like this poem. It probably could be a song. Now you have to write a happy song and free yourself.

    ReplyDelete