Browse the Garden

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Writing Prompt Tuesday prompt 6


Prompt: Write about the biggest lie you've ever told.

I told myself for years that I didn't have emotions. Constantly using logic, I tried to cope with life by becoming as close to a robot as I can. It worked for awhile, I had the entire act of going to school and acting stoic under my belt. But after awhile, the emotions came back. They started right before I went to bed, and I couldn't sleep for hours before becoming exhausted. It's not a pretty story, but there it is. I know now that being a robot doesn't solve anything, it just causes emotions to build up inside yourself. Eventually you can't handle them anymore and you have to do something to channel them out. Being human is being logical and emotional, no matter how much you wish otherwise. To this day, it is easier for me to look at things logically, and I still have this fear of emotional issues. But, now I acknowledge my emotions on certain things, and I'm still trying to find that balance between logic and emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment